Avoid any bumps in the road to your home design project. Use our installation guide for great tips on the transition of your old floors to the new.
Today’s hardwood flooring is extremely versatile. There are more ways than ever to install your hardwood flooring: nailing, stapling, gluing, floating or the new “click” (glue-less) fit, where the plank edges snap together like the pieces of a puzzle.
At Flooring America, we have a “Points of Difference Guarantee”, meaning we stand behind our products and services. Our guarantees protect you and your investment to ensure you a confident, worry-free and enjoyable shopping experience. We believe that how your floor is installed will impact its performance and life. We provide a warranted installation by a trained, professional craftsperson who will finish the job to perfection-GUARANTEED!
Things to Do Before Installation
We want you to have a clear understanding of the services we provide as well as to be aware of items you will need to handle prior to the installer arriving at your home. After your purchase, items crucial to the smooth installation of your new flooring will be detailed by your sales professional in a pre-installation check list and may include some of the following:
- Verification of the installation date.
- Ensuring the removal of all “breakables” from the room.
- Determining who will remove furniture, appliances and the sub-floor, if needed.
- Arranging for the disconnection of gas appliances and icemakers.
- Determining if any change to the height of the floor require adjustments to doors in order for them to close properly.
- Ensuring the removal of items in storage areas and closets where the floor is to be resurfaced.
- Make certain drapes, wall hangings and pictures are removed from walls.
- Verify that your in-home temperature is appropriate for the installation.
Your local Flooring America store offers expert installation for all of the flooring products that we carry. You can trust our installers to create a great-looking floor for your home. Whether it’s a solid-color carpet or a detailed, custom tile design, our licensed and insured professionals will get the job done accurately and beautifully.
We are so confident that you will be more than satisfied with our professional installation that we will be happy to correct any installation-related problems for free during the intended life of your floor.
Get started today and bring your colors, swatches, photos and ideas into one of our stores…Fairfax, Woodbridge or White Plains.