Kitchen sinks handle so many jobs, we used them for cleaning and to prepare meals. There are so many types of sinks traditional, modern, vintage, etc. You should always consider the size of your kitchen, your style and how much work you plan to get done in your kitchen.
It’s also very important to consider maintaining your sink so it lasts as long as you need it. These are some tips by the National Bath & Kitchen Association:
– Minimize the organic solid wastes (ie food) that are put down the kitchen drain. Follow with water to flush the pipes.
– Do not put materials that cannot decompose down any drain.
– Wash and dry dishes immediately instead of letting them linger in the sink.
– Freshen up your garbage disposal with ice cubes, baking soda, hot water, and an occasional orange peel.
Sources: NKBA and One51 Place
We spoke with our Director of Design Jessica Cannon and asked her to share her thoughts on some favorite sinks. Here’s what she shared with us:
1. Kohler Apron front stainless steel sink – – I’ve always liked the look of the apron front– but the style is so traditional. Kohler’s stainless steel apron front sink gives this traditional style sink a real modern vibe. We installed this sink in our showroom in Fairfax….it is a must see, come in and check out this contemporary twist on this classic style apron front sink.
2. Elkay Avado triple bowl, under mount stainless steel sink – – this modern stainless steel sink has zero radius sides with strong sleek lines. This uniquely designed three bowl sink is very functional for your chef at home.
3. Kohler Cast Iron Sink – The Enameled Cast Iron collection from Kohler comes in a variety of colors that will compliment any design. The sink pictured here (Langlade with Smart Divide) is an under-mount double bowl with a low barrier that divides the compartments making it easy to wash and rinse large items while still keeping the two basins separate. Enameled Cast Iron sinks are very durable and provide a great option for a unique look other than the typical stainless steel sink.
Tell us which one of these kitchen sinks would you choose!