At some point during a design project you will turn your attention to paint colors. Make the right decision and you will be happy with the final result. But make the wrong decision and you could find yourself repainting in no time at all.
Here are five tips for picking paint colors:
1. Start small. If you have more than one room to paint, don’t get too far ahead of yourself. Start with one room, see how it turns out, and then go from there. This can help you avoid a situation in which you paint multiple rooms with a color you don’t like.
2. Test multiple colors. Buy samples of several colors you like, paint a small area of the wall, and step back. Which one do you like the best now? Which ones can you cross off your list?
3. Consider the rest of the room. What color is your furniture? What type of floors do you have? Are you going to hang pictures on the wall? These are the types of questions you need to answer. The paint color you choose must complement other design elements.
4. Be yourself. It is easy to get so caught up in the latest and greatest trends that you make the wrong decision. Just because a color is “in” doesn’t mean you need it in your home. Let your personality shine through. You won’t be disappointed if you do.
5. Have fun with it. Painting your home is supposed to be fun. You don’t want this to turn into a difficult task that puts you in a bad mood. There are hundreds upon hundreds of colors to choose from. Consider them all as you attempt to make a final decision.
If you need design assistance, don’t shy away from reaching out to us at your earliest convenience.