Even if you properly maintain your carpet, there will come a time when you need to replace it for one reason or the next.
To determine when this should be done or if the time has come, consider the five signs of replacement detailed below:
1. Carpet cleaning is no longer an option. If stains persist after cleaning, it is time to consider replacing your carpet.
2. Rips and tears. If your carpet is aging and you begin to notice rips and tears, you should consider the benefits of replacing it in the near future. Some rips and tears can be repaired, but if your carpet is old it is best to move forward with something fresh.
3. No way to get rid of odors. Does your carpet smell like your cat or dog? How about the debris your children have dragged through the home for many years? If you are unable to remove the smell through professional cleaning, you may not have any options besides replacement.
4. The carpet is worn in spots. When your carpet is worn out, almost down to the pad, you know it is time to have it replaced. This may not be accompanied by stains or odors, but it will drag down the overall appearance of your room.
5. You cannot remember the last time it was replaced. Has the same carpet been in place for more than 20 years? This is just about the maximum lifetime of carpet, even if it is in a low traffic area. If this much time has passed, be glad that your carpet lasted so long (and then begin your search for a replacement).
Are you beginning to believe that now is the best time to replace your carpet? If so, contact us to discuss your options. We are more than happy to help you choose the style that is perfect for you and your home.